Re: Experience with NetBSD on 13-gen Framework 13 laptop

On Mon, Jun 05, 2023 at 01:24:52PM +0200, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:
>  - No EFI boot entry is created by systinst and the BOOTIA32.EFI and
>    BOOTX64.EFI files are placed in \EFI\BOOT, which can conflict with
>    other OSes. I think they would be better placed in \EFI\NetBSD or
>    such.

We simply do not have the tools (yet) to do that, only a week or so ago
the necessary setup tool hit pkgsrc, but of course that is useless
for sysinst.

When not using the default path, we need to set up a boot option in efi
vars, and that involves some tricky path calculations in efi device
notation. If anyone would like to help with that, I'll be happy to
deal with the sysinst specific part.

Martin