Re: making man-pages

On Wed, 19 Apr 2023, Todd Gruhn wrote:

> If I write a program, and a man-page with it; where do I install this
> man-page ??

See the manpath on your NetBSD system:
man -p

That shows what directories actually currently has manuals.
So also see:
/etc/man.conf

A common place to install your own manpage is
/usr/local/man/man1/

The man manpage or man itself has a bug:
the man.c comments say -p prints the directories containing manpages.
The manpage says -p prints the path.

But actually -p prints the directories from the search path that exist
regardless if contain manpages or not.

Okay if I commit this?

 .It Fl p
 Print the search path for the manual pages.
+This excludes cat page directories and non-existent directories.

Fix man.c comments too?
Or should the code be fixed to only -p print directories containing
a man page?