Re: Help understanding pkgsrc snapshots

Thanks Greg - this certainly helps.  A related question if I could…

So say instead of using the pkgsrc tarballs I did a CVS clone (checkout ? I’m more familiar with git).

Then I build a couple of packages.  At some point after this I want to refresh from CVS - is there some top level “make clean” type thing I need to do ?  Whats the best practice here ?  I guess my thought is around the packages that I built now have various files they didn’t before by virtue of being built.  I would be concerned about pulling from CVS and the “base” files in these dirs having been changed/added etc.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Perhaps I’m thinking too hard about it - hence the question.  Thanks.