Re: Can't install NetBSD to ffs2 partition, no errors

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 at 16:13, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) I have dd'ed the UEFI usb image of NetBSD 9.3/amd64 to a USB drive
> and booted  from it.
>
> 2) From the utility menu, I have created a FFSv2 partition from 35GB
> unused space
> https://i.ibb.co/XxVy1M9/gpt-show-wd0.jpg
> https://i.ibb.co/4sSCXmw/partition-manager.jpg
>
> 3) Then I went back into the install menu:
> https://i.ibb.co/JCBX1p1/prompt-1.jpg
>
> 4) Accepted the warning to make changes on disk:
> https://i.ibb.co/6Pzvmvw/prompt-2.jpg
>
> 5) Selected NetBSD (dk6@wd0)
>
> 6) The menu goes back to point 3 without any apparent errors.
>
> I would have expected the menu would offer to create a disklabel from
> there, but it didn't.
>
> No apparent warnings in dmesg.
>
> Any hint?

EDIT:

Output of "dkctl wd0 listwedges"
https://i.ibb.co/2PH6wBN/dkctl-wd0-list-wedges.jpg

I can see a "dk6 [...] type="
This doesn't look good.

"dmesg fgrep wd0"
https://i.ibb.co/0V8BXB6/dmesg-grep-fd0.jpg

I can see an "autoconfiguration error" but I don't know what to make of it.
And a "dk6 at wd0" type <unknown>

Again, any hints?

--
Ottavio Caruso