Re: NetBSD iSCSI target on ZVOL used as block device for Qemu - iSCSI: NOP timeout

On 18 September 2022 13:46:33 (+01:00), Matthias Petermann wrote:

> Hi,

> >> ? I'm not sure if you mean this one, because the last change here was 9
> >> years ago.
> > Use the net/istgt package.
> >
> thanks - will build it right away and give it a try :)
That's what I meant, I was out and forgot the name of the package. Years ago I had a NetBSD target serving a number of (mainly Windows) initiators; using the NetBSD built-in target I couldn't get them to reconnect after a restart of the server or of the workstations (I had to disconnect and reconnect every time). With net/istgt this wasn't the case and the connection worked reliably. More recently I used to use several zvols served by NetBSD-current (istgt) and from FreeBSD, the physical connection being through WiFi-PowerLine-Ethernet, and it worked (not particularly fast because of the PowerLine link). >
> Kind regards
> Matthias

Chavdar
Sent with Vivaldi Mail. Download Vivaldi for free at vivaldi.com