Re: Problem with Firefox browser on NetBSD

Dmitrii Postolov <dpostolov%yandex.ru@localhost> écrit :

> On NetBSD and Firefox: window frames are not displayed correctly on some
> sites and some pictures are not visible.

I had exactly the same problem.  Moreover some servers don't
display properly at all (for me, it was Google calendar and
Google maps).

I figured out that might be related to locale. I have
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 in my environment.  Launching firefox with
LANG=C solved the problem. I also had to delete ~/.dbus, ~/.cache
and kill dbus before restarting firefox with LANG=C but I'm not
sure it was really necessary after all.

Does LANG=C work for you?

> P.S. In some sites on NetBSD use Firefox without change of the
> User Agent is impossible, some sites don't know about NetBSD
> specs and try to display mobile version of site.

That's something else.