Re: Build original Csh on Linux and FreeBSD.

On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 07:21:57PM +0000, Matheus wrote:
Hello. I'd like to know if it's possible to build Csh (not
Tcsh) on Linux and FreeBSD. Pkgsrc doesn't have the sources
for Csh, though they're found in the system's sources,
located in bin/csh.

For Linux see this:
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/csh/

You can get the source from there plus a patch,

I never tried to build it, but it will build
on Slackware and I am pretty sure other Linuxes.
With luck, maybe on on FreeBSD too.

There's a package in Debian's repository, but doesn't
build, and many errors pop up when building on FreeBSD,
using the sources from NetBSD.

Thanks in advance.