Re: Re: LTFS support for HP tape drive devices

    Date:        Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:41:13 +0200
    From:        Colo Colo <colo%pobox.sk@localhost>

  |  But I am new to BSD, and the question is, if it is possible to combine
  |  LTFS for NetBSD & LTFS for FreeBSD & Linux source packages to make
  |  LTFS works with HP drives on NetBSD or FreeBSD

As long as it is software (and you pay attention to licensing issues, so
no GPL'd code tries to get into our kernel - and as little as possible in
the distributed userland) almost anything is possible.

If you're asking whether if you do the work to make it happen, would we
accept that, I'd say probably yes (assuming licensing is BSD compat,
ideally the code sytle is compat, and it works without breaking something
else) and packages from anywhere (which work) tend to be accepted in pkgsrc,
so by all means, go for it.

If you're asking for someone else to make that happen for you, then you'd
need to find someone with the desire to make it happen, or who can be
convinced to have such a desire.

kre