Re: how to limit /etc/daily to local only, and cleasring bad nfs mounts

On 27/05/2022 17:18, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
1. How to limit /etc/daily,weekly,monthly so they do not cross nfs mount
points?  One of my development systems crashes occasionally when left
running a long job after hours.  It reboots itself, but nfs
connections to it are not restored.  What I don't notice is that
/etc/daily now hangs on a public-facing machine.  Gradually the humber
of processes increases day by day until I have numerous find, tee,
sendmail and sh proceses all stuck.

What paths have you got NFS mounted on the client?

I've got 2 BSD system both 9.2-STABLE one of which provides an NFS /home and a few other odd paths as well to the other. The /etc/daily process on the client isn't scanning the server filesystems in my setup and I'm not aware of any specific setting I had to turn on to get that behaviour.

Mike