Re: backward compatibility: how far can it reasonably go?

At Wed, 08 Dec 2021 11:08:09 -0500, Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: backward compatibility: how far can it reasonably go?

> When I took a system from 4.0 to 7.x some time ago, the only thing that
> I had problems with was anything that used scheduler activations since
> that had been removed.  For me this only effected stuff from pkgsrc, as
> I also rolled in new userland at the same time.

That's one bullet I've dodged entirely already since my oldest systems
are running netbsd-5 stable.  (Though in theory isn't there supposed to
be COMPAT support for SA?)

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>