Re: NetBSD alsa and its oss plugin

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 00:09:10 +0000, nia wrote:
> I have two patches for you to try. One implements AUDIO_GETIOFFS
> in the kernel, the other works around alsa-plugins-oss's abuse
> of non-blocking I/O. With both patches, I get crystal clear
> recording with arecord.

Why, thanks!

Unfortunately...

The kernel patch is against -current sources? It didn't apply to -9,
and I made the changes by hand. The alsa-plugin-oss patch didn't apply
either, and left me completely befuddled (patches to patch file...), so
I did my best to extract the relevant bits and hand-apply.

Patch files attached (patch-oss_pcm__oss.c in place of patch-ac), for
comparison with your changes.

The resulting kernel spits 'audio0(hdafg0): device timeout' messages.
Unsurprisingly arecord(1) doesn't do a thing, and xoscope just hangs.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>