Accessing BIOS Partition from NetBSD

Hi

I am currently planning the install of NetBSD on my new notebook. My plan is to install the OS onto the first BIOS partition and use a second partition to be /home on ZFS.

I created the two partitions at install time in my practice run but couldn't find any comprehensive instructions on how to access the second BIOS partition or even what it's device name is under /dev.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with my plan? Should I have used one BIOS partition and used a NetBSD disklabel for ZFS.

If anyone has any advice or can point me to some relevant docs, that would be greatly appreciated.

Kev