Re: NetBSD on a NUC

As I sat pondering my response to your rather thoughtful note, I said to myself, "But what are the odds that install CD's from both NetBSD and OpenBSD would fail to detect the onboard disk?" it dawned on me that I had carelessly omitted any reference in my original post to trying an install iso from OpenBSD. That product reported back "could not identify any bootable media," which iirc was the exact message Windows 10 began to emit last Spring when the NUC first failed to launch.

I'm going to take a day or two to explore replacing the NUC's drive, and then make a decision as to its disposition.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post!

--
...a society must incorporate the rationalizing
power symbolized by scientific knowledge, for

Holton, Gerald. 1985. On the Integrity of
Science: The Issues Since Bronowski. Leonardo
18 (4), Special Issue: Jacob Bronowski: A
Retrospective (1985): 229-232.