Re: Cant start ipf

Todd,

Well, to fix this problem you need to get the HEAD version of the ipf binary. If you already have all of the HEAD source code, you could go to /usr/src/sbin/ipf and run make and that will build the correct binary. If not, you could download base.tar.?z for HEAD and run:

tar -xzvpf base.tar.?z *ipf*

That would extract any files with ipf in the name (in their subdirectories - in this case sbin, so it will create ./sbin/ipf*). Then try to run "./ipf -f /etc/ipf.conf" (to use the local ipf rather than the one that's in /sbin and see if it works. If so, you're done. Save the old ipf and place the new ipf in /sbin. Then the rc.d script should work fine.

If not then you could run ldd against the ipf binary to show what libraries are needed. It might be possible to unpack those libraries (assuming there's no conflict with existing libraries). But, you probably should just do an in-place upgrade so all of your binaries match the kernel. There's instructions in the history of this list that will walk you through that.

Since I was right about the problem, I'm cc'ing the list again. Sorry about the top posting, the mail client I was using before has mucked up the formatting so I can't post at the bottom :(

Thanks,

Jason M.

Get BlueMail for Android <https://bluemail.me>