Re: 9.1 panic in ccb/iscsi

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 at 19:30, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 05:02:11PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>
> > Not that this has any connection to your problem, but I'd nevertheless
> > add my 5c about istgt - I have been serving zvols for perhaps one year
> > now under -current without any problems.
>
> istgt is the iSCSI server.
>
> The crash is about the in-kernel iscsi initiator.

The first sentence in the first message in the thread says 'I can see
some panics on a server that exports iSCSI volumes (istgt on
a CCB device' (CCB later corrected as CCD), so as far as I understand
it, istgt is the pkgsrc's net/istgt, the server.  It continues to
explain that this server exports the volumes to some workstations.

While I have used net/istgt to export zvols, raw slices and gpt slices
without problems, I have never tried to export a ccd volume, so I
thought it might have been something specific to them.

--
----