Re: procfs difference between NetBSD and Linux

    Date:        Thu, 3 Jun 2021 09:12:52 -0000 (UTC)
    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

  | namei() return EEXIST when it works on a CREATE operation and
  | crosses a mountpoint.

Could we perhaps simply have procfs remove O_CREAT from the flags
passed by the user?   It is never going to work to create a file
inside a procfs mount, is it?

kre

ps: But I'm not sure this is a POSIX problem, POSIX has no procfs,
and so anything that uses one is outside the bounds of what POSIX
specifies, and into the great vastness of beyond all knowledge -
ie: for POSIX, anything on a procfs is an unspecified operation.