Re: xhci "device problem, disabling port 5"

On Sun 25 Apr 2021 at 20:39:10 -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> rhialto%falu.nl@localhost (Rhialto) writes:
>
> >hexander$ sudo drvctl -r uhub1
> >drvctl: DRVRESCANBUS: Invalid argument
>
> A bus can have the notion of an "interface attribute" that you must
> pass. uhub knows about "usbifif" for network interfaces and "usbdevif"
> for other devices like umass.
>
> sudo drvctl -r -a usbdevif uhub1
>
> should work.

It works in the sense that it doesn't give any error. But it has no
noticable effect either, unfortunately. No messages printed on the
console, visible via dmesg or /var/log/messages.

I noticed that it takes a fairly long time between inserting the usb
stick and the error messages. I tried issuing the above drvctl command
in between, but that made no difference.

-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl