NetBSD on bhyve on TrueNAS Core

Hi!

Has anyone had any success with running a NetBSD VM in bhyve under
TrueNAS? I tried booting the install CD-ROM (both 9 and current,
amd64) with UEFI and VNC.

In each case, I see the bootloader, then the graphical console and the
kernel starts booting. Then about 5 seconds later, VNC simply
disconnects and does not let me reconnect. I assume that the
hypervisor is crashing at that point.

All the how-tos I found look somewhat stale and go through all sorts
of gymnastics (such as using grub) to get non-UEFI boot working.

Any suggestions?

--
Benny