Re: Is it possible to force an application to use newer OpenSSL from pkgsrc?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021, Jason Mitchell wrote:

I'm running into some problems with stunnel and I'd like to have stunnel use the newer stunnel in pkgsrc. Currently it's using 1.1.1g (which I assume is installed with 9.1). Recompiling stunnel didn't help matters.

Any suggestions are welcome. If I should/could provide more information please let me know.

As the library versions seem the same, try:

echo /usr/pkg/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf

This is a global change.  Another way is to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/lib _only_ for stunnel:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/lib stunnel ...

Wrap it up in a shell-script.

-RVP