What is a good pkgsrc package to use for file encryption and decryption?

	hello.  I'm considering a project that might involve storing encrypted blobs on cloud
servers such as Google Drive or Amazon Glacier.  I'd like a package that I can use to encrypt
the blobs before they're transmitted to their storage site.  I've been looking at the mcrypt
(security/mcrypt) package, but it looks pretty old.  Are there packages in the pkgsrc tree that
have similar functionality but which use newer encryption algorithms?

-thanks
-Brian