Re: Cannot export/import ZFS pool

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> Does {r}xbd0 behave differently to {r}xbd0d? - worth a quick test?
>
> On a random 9/amd64 box, "ls -l /dev/*xbd0{,d}" shows:
>
> crw-r-----  1 root  operator  142, 3 Jan  7  2019 /dev/rxbd0
> crw-r-----  1 root  operator  142, 3 Oct 21  2016 /dev/rxbd0d
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator  142, 3 Jan  7  2019 /dev/xbd0
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator  142, 3 Oct 21  2016 /dev/xbd0d
>
> So my theory is that one can use /dev/xbd0 or /dev/xbd0d, never a
> raw device, and needs an actua. pathname, not somethihng that is used to
> search for a pathname (as many other tools do).

I have this on a DOMU:

# zpool status
  pool: extratank
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        extratank   ONLINE       0     0     0
          xbd3a     ONLINE       0     0     0
          xbd2a     ONLINE       0     0     0
          xbd4a     ONLINE       0     0     0

These are just normal xbdN presented devices with a simple disklabel
starting at 0.  I don't remember why I ended up doing this way.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org