Re: Cannot export/import ZFS pool

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021, David Brownlee wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 at 11:56, Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

NetBSD  9.1_STABLE NetBSD 9.1_STABLE (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Sat Jan  9 19:31:08
UTC 2021 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/xen/compile/XEN3_DOMU amd64

zfs.kmod has been built with MAXPHYS=32768 as it's a -9 DomU

# /etc/rc.d/zfs rcvar
# zfs
$zfs=YES
# zpool create tank /dev/xbd1d
# zpool list
NAME   SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
tank  99.5G    95K  99.5G         -     0%     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
# zpool export tank
# zpool import tank
cannot import 'tank': no such pool available

This does not seem right.

Does using rxbd1 rather than rxbd1d work? I've found real issues
trying to use individual partition devices

The only one that works for me is xbd1d:

# zpool create tank /dev/rxbd1
cannot open '/dev/rxbd1': No such file or directory
# zpool create tank rxbd1
cannot open 'rxbd1': no such GEOM provider
must be a full path or shorthand device name
# zpool create tank rxbd1d
cannot create 'tank': invalid argument for this pool operation
# zpool create tank xbd1
cannot open 'xbd1': no such GEOM provider
must be a full path or shorthand device name
# zpool create tank /dev/xbd1
cannot open '/dev/xbd1': No such file or directory
# zpool create tank xbd1d

--
Stephen