Re: [9.1 i386] Slow domain name resolution on some wifi networks

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 04:13:42PM +0300, Lord Vader wrote:
> On a laptop (asus eeepc900) running NetBSD, when it is connected to that
> network, there is exceptionally slow domain name resolution like the
> following:

Indeed this looks like name resolution delays.

You need to check what domain name server your config queries and how
quickly that responds to the DNS queries. Are there multiple servers
listed in /etc/resolv.conf? Or does that file differ in the good vs.
the bad situation?

You can direct queries to a special DNS server like:

	dig google.com @server

or

	host google.com server

(to lookup "google.com" on DNS "server").

I doubt that IPv6 is related to this (unless you have IPv6 addresses
listed in resolv.conf)

Martin