Re: GeForce - double crash with nouveau (boot and X11)

Hi,.

let me update on this. I updated the BIOS of the machine (hard process: you need windows 7, administrator rights and a charged and good battery beyond wall-plug to update this Acer Aspire 9410).

With the new BIOS, OpenBSD is capable of booting and running X11 "out of the box" with no Xorg.conf using the "nv" driver.

NetBSD 9.1 however with nouveau still crashes on boot.
If booting with nouveau disabled (boot -c) then boot finishes and I can
- run Xorg with nouveau in a vesa-like resolution stretched
- run Xorg with "nv" just fine!

so now the laptop is usable, but I think now the problem is specific to nouveau.

Who works on nouveau so I can hack with him?

Riccardo