Re: (graphical) SSH console client

Hi Michael,

Am 30.11.2020 um 14:35 schrieb Michael van Elst:
mp%petermann-it.de@localhost (Matthias Petermann) writes:

can any of you recommend a (graphical) SSH client for NetBSD? I am
looking for something similar to Putty / mRemoteNG that I use in the
Windows world. It would be important to me:

* Management of connection targets and possibility to configure
passwords and SSH keys to use for each connection
* Advanced functions like configuration of remote / local port forwarding
* Unicode support

While all this is just possible with the command line client (and a Unicode
terminal like xterm), you can simply use Putty. The last time I tried the
version from pkgsrc, it just worked.

I didn't even know that there was a putty version for Unix :-) Funny - it looks exactly like the Windows version and I can also confirm that it works in pkgsrc-2020Q3. Thanks for the tip!

You're right though - what Putty out of the Box can do is not much different from what would be possible in a normal UTF8-Xterm with the ssh-client and a well maintained .ssh/config.

So I'll keep looking - the bar is now set at mRemoteNG ;-)

Many greetings
Matthias