NetBSD-friendly HDD recovery?

I have some old Seagate-brand spinning rust with a NetBSD system on
it.  The disk does not spin up, but I am pretty sure that the content is
intact, and I would like to have it for a reasonable price.  Is there a
service that's known to be NetBSD friendly?

Last time I checked, recovery cost about $500 USD.  IIRC, you paid that
regardless of whether recovery was successful.  Some recovery services
clearly were middlemen.  You could send a disk directly to Seagate for
recovery.  No recovery service acknowledged the existence of BSD or FFS.

I want to avoid paying a steep price to a service that scans the
medium and, finding no FAT/NTFS/HFS+/APFS volume on it, declares it
unrecoverable when, in actual fact, every bit is intact.  Is there a
service that I can trust my NetBSD disk to that has a reasonable fee
structure?

Dave

--
David Young