Re: Firefox alternatives with JS : luakit?

Den mån 23 nov. 2020 06:24Thomas Mueller <mueller6725%twc.com@localhost> skrev:
from Sad Clouds:

> On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 16:29:27 +0530
> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> > In the interim, would appreciate any feedback on luakit or other
> > alternatives (with JS support).

> x86 running Linux and Opera web browser. I gave up on Firefox years
> ago. Unfortunately Opera don't provide binaries for NetBSD, but you
> could try Linux emulation.

I use Otter browser, which is in pkgsrc, FreeBSD ports, and haikuports.

One good feature is being able to fake the user-agent for sites like Chase online banking that refuse to allow access if the user-agent is not to their software's liking

Tom

Otter uses qtwebkit which is a security concern.

Personally, I use badwolf. It has a JS on/off on a per tab feature.