Re: Installation woes, NetBSD 9.0

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 12:37:59PM -0700, Paul Makinen wrote:

> I'm upgrading an old laptop from NetBSD 7.1 to 9.0 using an install CD. The
> only problem is that the install step in which the installer mounts the CD
> fails, because the CD drive is currently busy with the install disk. This
> feels a bit circular, and I hope there is an easy solution.

Please use 9.0_STABLE from

	https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/

or retry in a few days with 9.1 (which is already a few days overdue, but
likely to happen very soonish).

Which ISO image did you use? The full installation images already contain
all the binary sets and will not try to remount the CD (at least this is the
first report I hear of), so either something did go wrong specific to your
machine, or you used an image intended for network installation (or
installation from other local sources for the binaries) and it would be
good to verify which was it and maybe debug your issue further.

Martin