Removing bl[ao]cklist entries?

All,

we are protecting our mail server's smtp-auth logins with
bl[ao]cklistd*. It just so happens that every once in a while, careless
updates or configuration changes (don't ask) lead to legitimate
connections being blocked.

In this case, there are two databases to fix: bl?cklistd's, and the
packet filter's state table. If I just go and remove the relevant entry
from the packet filter's (npf in this case) state table, I find myself
in a game of whack-a-mole, because bl?cklistd appears to re-create
entries corresponding to its database.

And bl?cklistctl(8), despite its name, does not allow for removing
blocking entries.

What is the proper procedure here, short of flushing both the
bl?cklistd database and all of the packet filter  entries?

Cheerio,
Hauke

* "blacklistd", since the machine in question runs netbsd-9

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344