Re: OT: User-friendly /bin/sh

On 2020-07-31 11:58, Bob Bernstein wrote:
*** Mandatory Trigger Warning /begin ***
Brain-dead noobie post dead ahead!
*** Mandatory Trigger Warning /end ***

I have learned the hard way not to mess with the shell superuser is supposed to use. I rarely go to su, but it would be pleasing if, when I do, I had two features available from the shell: filename completion, and some sort of command history and recall.

Can some Good Samaritan please point me to a HOW-TO that would provide the needed basic instructions?

Thank you.

You shouldn't need to use su, as sudo and doas are available in the package repository/ports tree. If you really want to run a different shell as the root user when you use su, you can just call the shell you want to use:

$ su
# zsh
%

Regards,