Re: Fibre channel slow in NetBSD 9.0

kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost (Dima Veselov) writes:

>I assume lot of processes in same state and incapability
>of doing 20-50 writes a second means I have a problem here.

That might be either because the system is too slow to issue
I/O requests faster, or because the disk cannot handle I/O
requests faster.

iostat -x gives you a 'time' value. That's how long a disk is
busy per second, i.e. a value of 1.0 means 100% busy.

If the disk isn't busy all the time, you'd have to search for
other limits, like memory buffers, KVA exhaustion or similar.

If the disk is busy, it is often just that. It could also be that
the disk is faulty and does (slow) internal retries without
telling. It could also be that there is a bug in the FC driver.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost