MSI Radeon RX570 ARMOR MK2 8G OC 8GB Graphics Card

I have a computer I built last September from parts ordered at mostly
NewEgg. I'm having trouble getting X to load and suspect the video card.
Anyone in NetBSD land have a similar type setup?
---
NewEgg_build:
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
MSI X570-A PRO Motherboard

MSI Radeon RX570 ARMOR MK2 8G OC 8GB Graphics Card
Per MSI Bios:
PCIe x 16 slot(PCI_E1,Gen4):
ATI Technologies Inc.
VGA compatible controller
Running at x16
Per NewEgg invoice:
MSI Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12
RX 570 ARMOR MK2 8G OC 8GB
256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready
CrossfireX Support Video Card

Acer V246HL 24" Monitor
---
per the NetBSD Guide, Chapt 8
sec 8.1.1.2
There is a problem with many ATI graphics cards which don't implement the
standard VGA font switching logics: These need another kernel option to
make a nonstandard console font work.
8.1.1.3. Enabling framebuffer console
On many architectures, there is only one type of screen mode: a graphical
framebuffer mode. On machines with VGA graphics cards, there is a second
mode: textmode. This is an optimized mode specially made for displaying
text. Hence, this is the default console mode for GENERIC kernels on
architectures where the graphics card is typically a VGA card (i386, amd64)