Re: Access GPT partitions on LVM volumes (map entry doesn't fit media)

Hello Greg,

Am 19.07.2020 um 17:06 schrieb Greg Troxel:
Guessing somewhat wildly, so don't take this too seriously:

   it seems tools like gpt sometimes try to find the real device for the
   partition you give.  that might be happening

   you might use vnconfig to put that lvm partition onto vnd0 and then
   back up vnd0.  This basically makes the guest's logical disk be the
   same in the host.  I have done this when I had file-backed disks.
   (I am not claiming there isn't a bug - just that this might solve your
   problem for now.)

that sounded promising, but seems to only work with file-based volumes.

	jupiter# vndconfig vnd0 /dev/mapper/rvg0-builder9
	vndconfig: /dev/rvnd0: VNDIOCSET: Operation not supported

Thanks anyway - I should take a closer look at LVM - I'm probably scratching the surface too much here. But it was worth a try.

Kind regards
Matthias