Re: How to "turn on" fonts in X?

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020, Bob Bernstein wrote:

Are there some basic font configuration steps I need to take?

I believe Hegel wrote that the owl of Minerva spread its wings only at dusk, meaning of course that enlightenment comes at the end of the day.

Having removed all the packages from this system it of course has no font packages installed. Duh Bob.

So I am in the market for a list of font packages I should install to give me a start at helping my X apps function. Where might such a list be found?

Thank you

--
 A test of right and wrong must be the means, one would
 think, of ascertaining what is right or wrong, and not a

                                  J. S. Mill