Re: Git pkgsrc - setting file locations

At Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:40:40 -0400 (EDT), Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Git pkgsrc - setting file locations

> I have been working awhile now with the GIT pkgsrc, and it occurs to
> me that it might be an advantage to provide different locations for
> things such as distfiles, packages, and...what else?
>
> What is suggested, and where/how is the optimum method for altering
> these values?

These are my relevant hacks which I make directly to
pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf:

PKGMAKECONF = /etc/mk.conf
PKGSRC_MAKE_ENV +=	USER=${USER:Q}
WRKOBJDIR ?=	/var/package-obj/${USER}
DISTDIR ?=	/var/package-distfiles
PACKAGES ?=	/var/packages/${USER}/${OPSYS}/${OS_VERSION:C/9.0.*/9.0/:C/9.99..*/9.99/}/${MACHINE_ARCH}

On my build servers these /var directories are then often symlinks to
separate directories on either shared or other local filesystem(s).

Then in /etc/mk.conf I wrap local pkgsrc-only things in an if testing
BSD_PKG_MK, e.g. as follows:

	.if defined(BSD_PKG_MK)

	# I.e. the rest is for pkgsrc things that are truly local to this host
	# environment:  (as opposed to the site-specific stuff in /usr/pkgsrc/mk)

	# XXX N.B.:  It is expected that mk/defaults/mk.conf will have set
	#
	#	PKGMAKECONF =	/etc/mk.conf

	# use pkgtools/autoswc to cache some autoconf results
	#
	.sinclude "/usr/pkg/share/autoswc/autoswc.mk"

	PKG_SYSCONFBASE = /etc
	PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS =	YES	# install rc.d scripts immediately.

	.endif

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>