Error message for NetBSD UEFI install:

I have a rather nice whole disk MBR install of NetBSD 9.0 on my older 2014 HP Pavilion, and it runs the Xfce4 desktop just fine. This is where I'm writing this email.

I also have a newer home-built AMD Ryzen 7 machine that is much faster and I want to try NetBSD there too. I am able to install NetBSD on the new machine but never get X windows to work. I am able to install  NetBSD 9.0 on both machines using MBR, but have had no luck with a GPT partition table. So I really have what looks like two problems, but I think they are related. The new machine's MSI/AMI BIOS allows MBR but really depreciates its use and frankly just expects GPT.  The new machine has a large spinning disk and a smaller SSD, and neither works for the whole disk GPT install of NetBSD 9.0.

Error message for NetBSD UEFI install:
(line # varies some and this is must my handwritten transcript & not exact)
---
assertion "p ->gp_flags & GPEF_WEDGE" failed: file
"/usr/src/usr.sbin/sysinst/arch/amd64/../../gpt.c"
line 1391 - function 'gpt_get_part_device=
[1] Abort trap ${cmd}

To return to the installer or exit this shell by
typing exit or ^D.
---
Any suggestions?
Clay