Re: does anyone have a working mozilla firefox-74.0 on 9.0 amd64?

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 03:47:41PM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> I've lost count of how many times I open a page and wait for JavaScript
> bloat to load up with CPU spinning 100% for about 20 seconds. And it is
> getting worse, as people are moving everything into web browsers.

Agree. But I think that's usually a result of poor design and poor coding
than a fault of using web for an application (vs desktop). (Of course,
there would be exceptions to that where you should rather use a desktop.)

There are great many applications where JS is not even necessary. I don't
know why people use it where not really needed.

For 90% of my browser usage (reading, searching, general browsing) I have
been using elinks for years. Turn to firefox only when there is no option.
At times I disable javascript in firefox as well.

--
Mayuresh