Re: fork and COW

Le lun. 29 juin 2020 à 22:38, Dima Veselov <kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost> a écrit :
> Is it
> dropped because php exited and now this process has its own new
> reservations as much as it need for itself?

Yes, the whole 512M address space is dropped on exec.

> > It's likely Something Else (tm).
>
> Thank you, I will investigate further.

The other thing which comes to mind is that with pkgsrc all installed
PHP modules are enabled and loaded by default. Not sure how it usually
works on Linux. If your php-fpm processes all have 512M allocated
memory, that might be the reason.

Jaromir