Re: pkgin refresh vs. upgrade?

On 17/06/2020 07:39, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:
Hi!

This is all based on observation rather than documentation.

When running pkgin to upgrade one or more packages, it often says "X
packages to refresh, Y packages to upgrade".

Refresh means the version hasn't changed but the package has been rebuilt since you last installed it from the repository.

What's the difference between a refresh and an upgrade of a package?

Upgrade indicates a version change.
And where is it documented? ;-)

That I don't know. Reason I know the answer is that I build my own binary packages and because my build method builds everything every time I see a lot more refreshes that I suspect would happen with packages coming from a bulk build.

Mike