Re: resize_root result in fsck and not resizing ffs

Thomas Merkel <tm%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> first of all I would like to ask if somebody could provide some
> experience using resize_root=YES (in rc.conf) in an working setup.

I assume you are booting this is qmeu/nvmm/xen. Which?

My impression is that this was implemented for RPI type systems where
people would dd a fs image onto an SD or uSD card and then boot.   It
would not surprise me if it only works on mbr with a certain layout.

I would suggest reading /etc/rc.d/resize_root and all the comments in
its commit history.  It basically looks like it runs resize_ffs.

I would try to boot single user and then run the resize manually and see
what happens.