Re: can't find ping, route and ifconfig commands.

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 16:47, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:

> On 2020-06-14 17:20, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 15:01, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >> /etc/skel/{.profile,.cshrc} are just suggested files that you can copy
> >> over to users if you want to. Did you do that?
> >>

> > My understanding was that the files are copied automatically into a
> > user's homedir whenever a user is created.
>
> How do you create a user? There are various ways of doing that, and some
> automation tools probably do it for you.

I believe the NetBSD installer uses standard useradd.

Even login.conf mentions:
#default:\
#       :path=/usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/X11R7/bin
/usr/pkg/bin /usr/pkg/sbin /usr/local/bin:\

We haven't heard from the OP. I guess " I am missing the the [sic] ping,
route and ifconfig commands." means: "They don't behave as expected",
or an installation gone wrong.

--
Ottavio Caruso