Re: can't find ping, route and ifconfig commands.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 5:39 PM yilkal argaw <yilkalargawworkneh%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
I'm a newbie and I installed netbsd 9.0 using the iso. After
installation every thing worked fine but I am missing the the ping,
route and ifconfig commands. Since the network autoconf worked
perfectly I can install packages but I can't  find  the package that
contains them. The documentations imply that they are installed by
default. Is there something I'm missing.

Try the NetBSD man pages. Start here with Ping(8) which gives links to ifconfg(8), routed(8), and several other important network tools.

https://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ping+8+NetBSD-6.0