Re: NetBSD Jails

On Fri, 15 May 2020 15:23:32 -0700
"Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm curious about what this means to you -- what do you need/want in
> addition to the chroot environments you now have?

Here is a good comparison:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-level_virtualization#Implementations

Just look at how Solaris does it - it has Zones (aka Jails) and LDOMs
(Logical Domains) on SPARC. LDOMs seem to be a much better way of
partitioning OS instances versus something like VMware or Xen.

NetBSD needs a lot of catching up in this area, so not sure it will
happen any time soon, but who knows.