Re: Slow read(2) and write(2) syscalls

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 06:57:28 +0200
Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> How can I further research where this artificial delay comes from, and
> finally fix it?

I've always experienced slow disk I/O with NetBSD on VirtualBox, even
with fast SSD disks. Not sure if this is a NetBSD bug, or some
interaction with VirtualBox layers. See this post:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2018/03/18/msg020524.html

I believe there is DTrace for NetBSD, so if you have the time you can
profile kernel paths and see where the latency comes from.