Re: Boot failure netbsd-9

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 10:03:12AM -0700, bch wrote:
> So: tmpfs on dev - I don't see examples in the manage or /usr/share ? what
> gotchas or standards should I be aware of?

Nothing special - init(8) does it automatically if there is no /dev/console,
if mount_tmpfs is available and works. It then populates it from /dev/MAKEDEV
(which is hard to update once you have tmpfs on /tmp) or alternatively from
/etc/MAKEDEV (easier to update, but sometimes confuses postinstall(8)).

Martin