UDP buffer sizes

Hi!

I just installed a NetBSD 9.0 and transmission-daemon on an amd64 computer. When I start the daemon, it gives the following warnings:

UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got ...
UDP Failed to set send buffer: requested 1048576, got ...

so I set

net.inet.udp.recvspace=419430
net.inet.udp.sendspace=1048576

in the /etc/sysctl.conf. But when I reboot, my whole networking is dead, even ifconfig gives:

ifconfig: status: getsock: No buffer space available

Is there anything more I have to do to set higher UDP buffer sizes?

Thanks in advance:

J.