Re: ZFS Howto first cut

Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 11:32:46 -0500
> Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.netbsd.org/zfs/
>>
>> This is really rough, and I freely admit that I don't understand all the
>> details.  Part of the point was to understand things better for myself,
>> and part of it is to provoke others into saying what's wrong with it :-)
>>
>> Please feel free to email me or reply on-list with suggestions, fixes,
>> or things that ought to be explained that aren't.  (And feel free to
>> just fix it, for those that can write.  I'm at a stopping point.)
>
> Something to be addressed would be nfs sharing. Apparently zfs has its
> own code for that ( see zfs sharenfs ... ) - it's quite unclear ( to me
> at least ) how that interacts with netbsd's own nfs server code. As in,
> can I zfs sharenfs a zfs filesystem and still share a bunch of others
> via /etc/exports?
> I guess I'll do some experiments on that.
>
> have fun
> Michael

I don't think that ZFS NFS works, but I have used the usual and normal
NetBSD NFS (methods, process and procedure) to export ZFS filesets.  You
appear to have to export each fileset by itself (think of them as
separate devices), as recursion down the fileset does not appear to
happen.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org