Re: ZFS howto?

Hello,

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 19:15:38 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> I realize there are man pages, but it seems we could use a ZFS page in
> the wiki to orient people and answer some questions.  Before I create
> one (with mostly a bunch of things marked as needing explanations), does
> anybody want to tell me there is something like this already, or that I
> shouldn't?

I recently started playing with zfs on sparc64 -current. Here's what I
did:
- build a userland with MKZFS=yes, it's default on amd64, aarch64 and
  now sparc64
- install it
- boot with zfs=yes in rc.conf
You should see something like this:
[  11.2399697] WARNING: ZFS on NetBSD is under development
[  11.4199693] ZFS filesystem version: 5
After that I just
zpool create -m /disk data sd1
( with sd1 having an empty disklabel just to make sure nothing else
finds partitions there )
... which resulted in:
~# mount
data on /disk type zfs (NFS exported, local)

That's it. I ran a full build.sh release on it with no problems. No
need to mess with fstab, zfs=yes will take care of it.

have fun
Michael