ZFS pool creation in a large disk

Hi!
This wiki page

 <https://wiki.netbsd.org/users/mlelstv/using-large-disks/>

deals with disks greater than 2 TB.
I have such a disk, which currently has a GPT table and a couple of
unused partitions. I would like to create a ZFS pool which uses it
entirely, and be able to export this pool (to be imported in another
system, for example FreeBSD, as already discussed in another thread).

I would naively erase the whole disk /dev/wd1, thus deleting the GPT,
and then create a pool with `zpool create <pool_name> /dev/wd1': this
way, however, I am not sure that a disk with no filesystem and no
partition table would be accepted.

On the other hand, if I keep GPT, create a single FFSv2 partition, and
then `zpool create <pool_name> /dev/wd1', I am not sure that an external
system would read/write this pool (it may not know, or may not be
compatible with, FFSv2).

Which is, then, a correct way (hopefully the best way) to accomplish
this?

Bye!

Rocky