Re: ZFS status

On feb 24 19:48, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

[...]

> I never specify the raw device; as you see, it works both for the
> sheer name - wd1 - or whole disk partition - /dev/wd2d, both cover
> whole disks.
>
> I haven't used zfs pool backed by a disklabel slice yet, which was the
> warning above.

Ok! So, it is not clear what could happen using /dev/wd2 and then a, b,
e, f, or any other custom slice. Thank you!

> dk2: zfsroot, 58720256 blocks at 4456576, type: ffs
> dk5: SWAP2, 3931999 blocks at 63176832, type: ffs

Thanks also for this second example. What is confusing to me is that,
while `dk2' is used for ZFS, it still has `type: ffs'. Is ZFS an
alternative to FFS (v1, v2), or is it `above' FFS, sustained by FFS?

Rocky